7.14.2008

Voluntarily and Not So Voluntarily Saving Money

My personal assistant quit today. She was lovely and sweet and had to quit for health reasons and I will never find someone else as cheery and efficient and just perky as her. Now I'm worried for her and will have to bug her to make sure she's okay.

I've also decided to have a go at making dinners again. I'm watching cooking shows on the DVR (favoring Ellie Krieger and Jamie Oliver at the moment - mostly I just covet his garden and rustic kitchen and dishes and food prep gadgets). All in all, this should save us a hefty chunk each month. And I may lose my mind, which should help me save on gas.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I love Jamie's new show "Jamie at Home" and for the same reasons. I love his garden, his outdoor kitchen, his cuteness, and the recipes are great. I DVR it every Saturday morning.

Have you tried The Soup Peddler? We've been ordering from them for about a year and it comes in very handy during busy weeks.