11.29.2006

10 Things That Don't Happen at Chez TypeAMama

10. Ironing. Don't own one (or actually, I think there might be one out in the shed), and I believe we had to throw out the cheapo ironing board because the cats peed on it. Or maybe that was me.

9. Card games. This is not necessarily deliberate or by choice. There has been the occasional Texas Hold 'em game at our house, but I'm looking forward to the day that we can sit down with the pooper and start to play card games with him - even Go Fish and Crazy Eights.

8. Watching commercials. Thank God for the dvr.

7. Spanking. It's just something DH and I agreed on that seemed to be not necessary. Pooper's just 19 months right now, so this could change if/when he darts out into a parking lot or some other life threatening behavior. But so far we're managing with re-direction and time outs.

6. High Fructose Corn Syrup. Holy cow, you have to REALLY be a label reader to manage this one. It's in EVERYTHING. If something's supposed to taste sweet, then just give me regular sugar. And if it isn't supposed to taste sweet or is already sweet enough on its own, keep that crap outa there.

5. Country music. Except for stuff called "crossover" or "alternative" or whatever: Lyle, Dixie Chicks, Johnny Cash, Marty Robinson (God help me).

4. White walls. A friend of mine says she thinks they're immoral. I think I agree.

3. A full night's sleep. Natch.

2. Home perms. This is kind of random, I know, but if permed hair ever comes back in style (yes it WAS. Shut up.) I have already had enough home perms between the ages of 12 and 20 to be very, very lucky to still have ANY hair growing on my head.

1. Artificial foliage. Although given my knack for slowly torturing plants to death, maybe it's time to reconsider this.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Yay! I don't own an iron either. I think if we all unite on this issue, wrinkles will eventually come into fashion.

Prentiss Riddle said...

My 11-year-old has started to complain about the lack of an iron at my place. I'd consider giving her one for her birthday, providing she promises that I never have to touch it. If I threw into the deal that she might be asked to iron one of my shirts once in a while, would that make me a hypocrite?